Moving past our pilot year, HFA heads into this year full-steam. With over fifteen new hires, on-boarding a new staff and administration team and brand new curriculum, approaches to learning and technologies, we are in for a ride! We have all students participating in our innovative Corporate Work Study Program across the city one day a week and so much more!
I am eager to share our journey with exploring things like:
- Blended learning in math using the Lab Rotation Model and personalized learning plans for each student
- Our integrated studies class co-taught by teams of teachers from different disciplines (and a core class for us) focused on building studnets' skills with identifying and solving problems in our community through human centered design and becoming agents of change
- The learning hub program, meeting three days a week with a learning coach, this social/emotional intelligence program focuses on skill building and helping students leverage and build their strengths and pursue their passions
- How community partnerships and field work across the city provide real-life learning and engaging opportunities for our students
- How our work study program that starts in 9th grade one day a week, the entire school year, is helping build confidence, attitudes and perseverance in our students
- The process of building and launching ePortfolios and digital badges across our school
- Teaching game design and launching a game design start-up company with students
I hope you decide to follow along and learn with us!